The 100th North Carolina State Singing Convention will be held Friday, June 25 through June 27 at Singing Grove Park, 400 E. Main St., Benson, North Carolina. You are requested to comply with all Covid-19 regulations; bring a garden chair; and call 919-894-4389 or 919-538-8575 if you have any questions. You can also visit www.gospelsingingconvention.org for more details.
The talent is as follows:
- Friday: 7 p.m., four combined choirs from churches in the region; 8:45 p.m., Joey Gore and Wilmington Celebration Choir
- Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m .: Joys, Whitman-Gore, Patti Wood Trio, Blythe Family, Four Heart Harmony, Horrell Family, Crimson Cross, Hickory Grove Quartet, Oxendine Family, Trinity Quartet, Crusaders, Ferguson Family, Dunns, Called Out, Hinshaw Family, Full Reliance, Surles / Dennis Family, Divine Intention, Montgomery Family; 6 p.m .: Wesley Pritchard and the Fayetteville Community Church Choir; 7 p.m .: Ernie Haase and Signature Sound
- Sunday: 10:30 am & 1 pm, Mark Trammell Quartet; informal singing, from noon to 1 pm; 3:30 p.m., choir of Temple Baptist church; 4 p.m., The Hoppers.
Go ahead and have a great time.
GOSPEL MUSIC NEWS:
- Agreement: Wilburn & Wilburn have signed an exclusive contract with The Dominion Agency. The name Wilburn is well known throughout Southern Gospel Music.
- Update: Andrew Ishee recently announced that he is returning to his roots in Southern Gospel Music. www.andrewishee.com.
- More concerts: Phil Cross, of Poet Voices, said he was adding selected dates to his schedule in which he would perform solo. www.philcrossmusic.com.
- Milestones: Stephen Adair, Mark Trammell Quartet, is pleased to announce his wedding to Dawnita Simmons on May 22, 2021, in Alabama.
GOSPEL MUSIC EVENTS
- Rochester: 6 p.m. Friday (today), Tabernacle Baptist, Gaffney, SC. www.therochesterfamily.com.
- Mark Lowry: Friday 7 p.m., June 18 (today), Great Smokey Mountain Music, Franklin. www.marklowry.com.
Consider this: Sunday June 20 is Father’s Day. Don’t forget to remember my dear old daddy with a gift, if possible, or at least a phone call. If he’s passed away, like mine, remember all the good things he did with you and say a prayer for him. May God bless all the Fathers.
Send gospel music to Jack Kimbro, 644 Archie Whitesides Road, Gastonia, NC, 28052, or call 704-864-9185.